Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wax Candles do burn out

but electric candles just need to be plugged in and its good to go.

I always wanted to be the light in the darkness for eveyone. Overdoing is what i do best. It doesnt help that im a procrastinator. I feel the need to be constantly busy and if im not active and doing something, anything it feels like im wasting time.

Photobucket

This semester i am taking on 18 credit hours, 2 jobs, volunteering outside of slice, 2 science classes[physics & Chem] and clubs, friends, boyfriend, church and family. It seems like i never even have time to eat or sleep. My mom is always on my case about burning out before i even start out my life. She keeping telling me to slow down and relax, to take a break. But what she doesnt understand is that i need to get done. I have no desire to slow down, no matter how much i do i still feel like im not doing enough. I live in my own world and its going too slow and eveyone around me is fast forwarding. Its a scary place to be. I have given up social life compleletly, except for my best friend, and what ever time i do have i have countless amounts of homework to do.

All i want is to be successful and get done with as much as possible, as soon as possible. I know that the Major and the career that i am going for is going to take a lot of time and i dont want to be 34 and single and still in school. Im not saying that its bad or anything but it just isnt for me.

By the time i am done with everything i set out to do i want to make a name for myself, i want to make a difference. So far i dont feel burned out, at all. i feel like i have more energy that i can contain. As long as im active im like an energizer bunny but the minute i slow down and relax i cant do anything more.

I feel more one with myself by being active and being around others. I know that, I, Sheryl, as an individul have only grown with the interacting and the causes i have taken on. i know who i am, who i want to be ,and i could not ever have done this if i had not said yes to all the things that came my way.

Photobucket

One idea that Loeb talks about in the book that i really liked is the support group. I really think that it would be amazing to have people who are in the same situation, to come together and talk to each other. New ways to manage time and how to handle the stress are topics what can help eveyone.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. I have a pretty fast paced life. This semester I decided to only go to school three days a week instead of five and work less just to give me more time. I ended up taking more shifts at work and doing numerous other things. One thing I would say is to make sure you don't lose yourself in all the hustle and bustle. We are only 18,19,20..once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheryl, I find myself reading this and relating to you in more ways that I could have known. I am just like you in that I have to be constantly busy, helping others, working, and taking on school and church all at the same time. Sometimes it can be too much, but I am glad that you are like a little energizer bunny and can take it on and make sure that everything works out well in the end for each thing. There is a reason for you to be involved with each individual thing or you wouldn’t have taken it on in the first place. Support groups are a great thing, as well. Talking with people who are in the same situations as you is something that can definitely calm one’s nerves down. I am proud of you Sheryl. Keep up the good work with maintaining everything it is that you do!

    ReplyDelete